Thursday, May 29, 2008

its all coming along



Just thought I'd update the old blog with my latest picture, I saw this picture of Calvin and hobs on the net and thought it would be cool if I could put lotti in there instead. So I re-drew it. As for how my major work is going, I'll say not bad for now - ask me again after the weekend when I only have 2 more days to complete my leica reel!! I'd love to be able to get it all coloured by wednesday but I'm doubtful whether that will be possible.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, I'd love to be able to finish the animation by the end of the coming holidays, this way I can spend all next semester finishing of the shows bible (hopefully that will include a storyboard of the first episode) and a book of character and concept designs : ) Hence why I chose Digital Composite as we have to make a book at the end (perfect)

I've also decided how it will all be done, I'm going to do all the character animation by hand then use animo to put it all together, do the background morphs in flash as I can cheat a little and use tweening and finally use After effects to combine the two. This means I'll have to pay close attention to timing so they go together well : ) I way to combat this will be to do the flash stuff after I've finished all the character animations.

I also have to get a group of kids together to sing the title sequence, I was going to do it but I think kids will make it sound a lot cuter, a little Dora the Explorer combined with Sesame street, they'll have to be young kids so I'll need to source some of my baby-sitting gigs

Well thats all from me for now

Catch you all later

No comments: